[MEncoder-users] new doom9 codec comparission

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 18:22:54 CET 2005

Hi,

On 12/1/05, Rich Felker <dalias at aerifal.cx> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 01, 2005 at 02:11:59PM +0100, Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
> > Also, I believe that the SIMD routines I'm working on may speed-up the
> > encoding process. If Doom9 is wants us to provide binaries, it may be
> > a good idea to apply that patchset too. However, the problem is that
> > apparently when mencoder is built on on win32 platform all sse code is
> > disabled (rich says it's because mingw malloc functions can't be
> > trusted to give well aligned memory).
>
> This is only for mingw crap. Just use cygwin and it will work fine
> with sse.

I don't know what build Doom9 plans to use, but I do believe this is
the kind of important thing to tell him: which build should he use?
Can we provide such a build to him?
Can mplayer-cygwin build run without the whole unix emulation environment?

Guillaume
--
MPlayer's doc is offline. Find some fresh one here:
http://tuxrip.free.fr//MPlayer-DOCS-HTML/en/