[MEncoder-users] creating an avi movie from jpeg images

Jesse Corrington corrington_j at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 30 20:10:46 CEST 2005

I am attempting to create an avi movie from jpeg images, that i can play in
windows media player.  Here is what i am doing, but it will not play (it is
creaetd though).  I have downloaded and installed an xvid codec.  I have
tried all these different things.  Thanks in advance for the help.

mencoder mf://*.jpg -mf type=jpg -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=16000 -nosound -o \ corrppmovie.avi

mencoder mf://*.jpg -mf type=jpg -ovc lavc -ffourcc xvid -nosound -o
corrppmovie.avi

mencoder mf://*.jpg -mf type=jpg -ovc lavc -lavcopts \
vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=2400:v4mv:mbd=2:trell:cmp=3:subcmp=3:mbcmp=3 -ffourcc
xvid -o test.avi