[MEncoder-users] Need some hints for my tv recording concept

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Tue Aug 30 19:02:33 CEST 2005

On Sun, Aug 28, 2005 at 11:30:24PM +0200, Gerhard Brauer wrote:
> # ------------ OUTPUT --------------------#
> ##
> ### VIDEO
> VID="lavc"      # -ovc
> VIDOPT="-lavcopts
> vcodec=mjpeg:mbd=1:aspect=4/3:abitrate=128:acodec=ac3:mv0:nr=10"
> ##
>
> With this i get a 544x408 video and this resolution is about the max
> what my pc could record without overfulled video buffer.

Never use any height except full (480 for ntsc, 576 for pal) or half
(240 for ntsc, 288 for pal). Anything else will give bogus, damaged
output. The width is totally up to you. If height is full your video
will be interlaced; with half height you throw away one field so
what's left is low-res progressive.

Rich