[MEncoder-users] calculating SCALE

Oded Shimon ods15 at ods15.dyndns.org
Wed Aug 24 19:42:12 CEST 2005

On Wed, Aug 24, 2005 at 01:17:20PM +0200, Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 8/24/05, Tom?? Ba?ant <tomas.bazant at rozhlas.cz> wrote:
> > thank you for this method, and then: how does mencoder calculate it
> > then? i need the equation genrally...
>
> man mplayer or read the source.
> You may also read:
> http://mplayerhq.hu/~diego/DOCS/HTML/en/menc-feat-dvd-mpeg4.html#menc-feat-dvd-mpeg4-resolution-bitrate-compute

Guillaume, I think one of the things that deserves some documenting is the
whole "prescaled" aspect/original aspect stuff, I'm hoping maybe you can
make a patch for XML docs for that.. Do you understand the mess yourself?
If not I'm willing to help explain it, just not document it. :)
If such a thing is ever made, it should be linked to from man page in
vf_scale and vf_dsize ...

(Note the issue is quite complicated, both prescaled aspect and "original"
aspect can change between filters...)

- ods15