[MEncoder-users] creating movies from jpegs

Jan Paul Schmidt jps at fundament.org
Tue Aug 16 21:26:36 CEST 2005

Am 16.08.2005 um 20:01 schrieb Jesse Corrington:

> i tried xvid, dx50, and divx, and they all looked fine and played in
> windows media player, but none of them would play in quicktime.  I
> downloaded and installed some codecs, and still they would not play in
> quicktime.  Any suggestions.  Thanks

Quicktime's support for AVI container is lousy. You could try
converting your files to a MOV container with DivX Doctor:

	http://www.3ivx.com/divxdoctor/

Quicktime dislikes everything but MOV, MP4 and some sorts of MPG.

Probably you also need FFusion:

	http://aldorandenet.free.fr/codecs/

if you want real compatibility with lavc from mencoder.

jps