[MEncoder-users] convert real media video

Rio Mascarenhas carmaski at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 15 00:48:59 CEST 2005

--- Guillaume POIRIER <poirierg at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hint: here is an example:

http://www4.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/menc-feat-mpeg4.html

> Guillaume

Merci Guillaume.

	I tried to read some of these docs – but as they were
too big I just flipped through them. I am not sure if
I missed something.

I tried your example at
http://www4.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/menc-feat-mpeg4.html
- the first one

mencoder Untitled.rm -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg4:vpass=1 -oac copy -o movie.avi
mencoder Untitled.rm -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg4:vpass=2 -oac copy -o movie.avi

	I do get some output in movie.avi – but nothing seems
to be able to open it. Even with Mplayer I get the
following output.

Regards,
Rio

C:\Program Files\MPlayer>mplayer movie.avi
MPlayer 1.0pre7-3.4.2 (C) 2000-2005 MPlayer Team
CPU: Advanced Micro Devices Athlon MP/XP/XP-M Barton
(Family: 6, Stepping: 0)
Detected cache-line size is 64 bytes
CPUflags:  MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 1 3DNow2: 1 SSE: 0
SSE2: 0
Compiled with runtime CPU detection - WARNING - this
is not optimal!
To get best performance, recompile MPlayer with
--disable-runtime-cpudetection.

67 audio & 175 video codecs
Playing movie.avi.
Cache fill:  0.00% (0 bytes)    AVI file format
detected.
VIDEO:  [FMP4]  320x240  24bpp  15.000 fps  436.2 kbps
(53.3 kbyte/s)
Clip info:
 Software: MEncoder 1.0pre7-3.4.2
Cannot find codec for audio format 0x6F63.
Read DOCS/HTML/en/codecs.html!
Cannot find codec matching selected -vo and video
format 0x34504D46.
Read DOCS/HTML/en/codecs.html!