[MEncoder-users] audio stream becomes longer than video stream

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 19:04:17 CEST 2005

Hi,

On 8/10/05, Grzegorz Nowak <gnowak at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have encoded multiple files from interlaced dv format to progressive
> avi format. These files are then joined and the audio gets out of
> sync. This is because I used -oac copy, and beacause some strange
> reason mencoder drops some frames.. Don't know why?? Later I realised
> that I have to use the switch -nosound, and then it works fine. Maybe
> mencoder tries to synchronize the audio with some special functions.
> The main problem is that I have a lot of small files where the audio
> stream is longer than the video stream due the drop of frames( I've
> tried -nodrop switch, doesn't work). Is there a tool or can mencoder
> fix this problem??? The source files are no longer available to me...
> so I am kind of stuck. What I mean by fix the problem, is to make the
> video- and audio streams the same length in all the files about 50.

Please try to re-encode adding "harddup" at the end of your video
filter chain. That won't hurt in any case. That will counter-balance
the frame dropping that mencoder does... at least, that's my
understanding of it.

Guillaume

--
A legend is an old man with a cane known for
what he used to do. I'm still doing it.