[MEncoder-users] Mplayer output on main display with SSH ?

Thijs Vermeir thijsvermeir at telenet.be
Sun Aug 14 17:35:02 CEST 2005

On 14-aug-05, at 16:41, Oded Shimon wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 14, 2005 at 03:57:10PM +0200, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
>
>> Hi,

>>> Even if you get it right, it won't work. Sending uncompressed video
>>> over a network just isn't feasible...
>>>

>> Read again and not only the last part *g*, he actually want to run
>> and
>> display mplayer on PC1, just type the command in PC2 :-)
>> DISPLAY=:0.1 mplayer... should do it btw.
>>

> DISPLAY=:0 you mean, :0.1 won't work (unless he's got multiple..
> whatevers)
>
> and BTW, it IS feasible! :) I've done -vo xv smoothly over network
> cause my
> pc was too slow to open the divx... looking back i do find it a bit
> odd
> that a PIII 500mhz was unable to play a divx small enough to transfer
> uncompressed over network... Maybe i did something stupid...
> anyway, it DID
> play smoothly over network.. anything under 512x384 is feasible...
>
> - ods15

Thanks, for the reaction but it still does not work.

When I type :
DISPLAY=:0 mplayer test.avi ( or anything else sugested)

mplayer start's playing but no screen and this message : (sound is ok)

Xlib: Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key
vo: couldn't open the X11 display (:0)!
Xlib: Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key
vo: couldn't open the X11 display (:0)!
VO XOverlay need a subdriver
[gl] using extended formats.
Make sure you have OpenGL >= 1.2 and used corresponding headers for
compiling!
[gl] Using 4 as slice height (0 means image height).
Xlib: Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key
vo: couldn't open the X11 display (:0)!
Xlib: Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key
vo: couldn't open the X11 display (:0)!
No vidix driver name provided, probing available ones (-v option for
details)!
Xlib: Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key
vo: couldn't open the X11 display (:0)!
vo_cvidix: No vidix driver name provided, probing available ones (-v
option for details)!
vosub_vidix: Couldn't find working VIDIX driver

Any other hints?

Thanks,
Thijs

P.S.: The video data don't need to go over network. I just want to
start a video playing on PC1 with PC2.