[MEncoder-users] audio stream becomes longer than video stream

Grzegorz Nowak gnowak at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 18:39:02 CEST 2005

Hi,

I have encoded multiple files from interlaced dv format to progressive
avi format. These files are then joined and the audio gets out of
sync. This is because I used -oac copy, and beacause some strange
reason mencoder drops some frames.. Don't know why?? Later I realised
that I have to use the switch -nosound, and then it works fine. Maybe
mencoder tries to synchronize the audio with some special functions.
The main problem is that I have a lot of small files where the audio
stream is longer than the video stream due the drop of frames( I've
tried -nodrop switch, doesn't work). Is there a tool or can mencoder
fix this problem??? The source files are no longer available to me...
so I am kind of stuck. What I mean by fix the problem, is to make the
video- and audio streams the same length in all the files about 50.

Thanks

--
DevilEatingMonkey