[MEncoder-users] Converting DIV3 464:352 -> RAW 320:240 fails

David Reis vinter at phreaker.net
Wed Aug 3 18:23:01 CEST 2005

Hi,

On Wed, 3 Aug 2005 06:51:21 -0700, you wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Aug 2005 15:35:18 +0200
> David Reis <vinter at phreaker.net> wrote:
>
> > > This is over-complicated.  Why not just:
> > >   mencoder file.avi -ovc raw -oac pcm -vf scale=320:240
>
> On the command-line above, I simply left out the "format" option,
> which should have gone at the end...
> Try again with "mencoder file.avi -ovc raw -oac pcm -vf
> scale=320:240,format"
> I tried it out, and it gives rawyuy2 output that mplayer has no
> problem playing.

Now THAT did the trick :) Thanks a lot, comes out perfectly. Just
strange that I did not stumble across this during my Google research...
Guess I will just play with filter position a bit next time. I had the
"format" one actually in there, as you can see at my first command line,
just at the wrong position.

Thanks again,
David