[MEncoder-users] Correct order for denoise filter

Jean Hoderd jhoderd at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 21 13:02:32 CEST 2005

Hi,

I was wondering what is the correct order for placing a denoise
filter such as hqdn3d: should it be before or after scaling?

This:

    -vf crop=680:552:22:12,scale=512:384,hqdn3d

Versus this:

    -vf crop=680:552:22:12,hqdn3d,scale=512:384

Also, I was looking for a more detailed explanation
of the meaning of hqdn3d parameters.  MPlayer's manual
is terse at best...  Can someone point me to a reference?
(My googling came back empty-handed)

Thanks in advance for your time!
Cheers,
Jean