[MEncoder-users] Splitting movie file

Menuhin Saitov menuhin at web.de
Wed Apr 13 10:53:50 CEST 2005

Hi,
another question for you,I've recorded a movie from tv and i wanted to
split it in small pieces so that i can render them under broadcast to cut
the commercials from the movie.
I've tried with -edl but mencoder doesn't tells me that -edl ist not
mencoder option.If this feature works it will be great.
I've tried also with -ss and -sb,-endpos .

mencoder -oac copy -ovc copy -ss 00:30:00 -endpos 01:00:00 movie.mpeg -o
avseq.mpg

it seeems that mencoder ignores   -endpos.
I would rather tell mencoder to split in MB.

Thank you

Menuhin