[MEncoder-users] inverse telecine with 60 fps progressive video

Scott W. Larson scowl at pacifier.com
Fri Apr 8 18:28:50 CEST 2005

> Not understanding how doing the right thing works isn't an excuse for
> doing the wrong thing. :)

Except the "right" thing didn't quite work. It did produce the most
interesting pattern so far. After the edit, I got a pattern of seven good
frames with each eighth frame duplicating the seventh.

Unless there are any more ideas about filters, I'll just adjust the
troublesome EDL pts's by hand until they pass a pattern that the pullup
filter can handle. Remember that pullup handles *most* of the edits
perfectly so I know pullup and filmdint can handle most 60 fps telecine
patterns. It may just be a matter of adding another case to their code to
handle this particular pattern.

I will also extract a 60 fps clip of the edit that causes the failure and
post it so others can see what I've been seeing every day for a couple
weeks.