[MEncoder-users] mencoder/mplayer, -ss and DVDs

Jason Bodnar jason at shakabuku.org
Wed Apr 6 21:27:08 CEST 2005

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 23:36:39 +0200, Nico Sabbi wrote
> sooner or later  we'll have to  make it clear in a FAQ: at the
> moment seeking in mpeg streams is not  reliable, so you had better
> use -sb with a search&refine series of attempts.

This does not work. If I try:

mplayer dvd://1 -chapter 8-8 -sb N

where N = 5, 50, 500, 5000, 50000 or 500000 it still starts at the beginning
of the chapter. If I try -sb without specifiying a chapter it starts at the
beginning of the disc.

I'm using mplayer dev-CVS--3.3.2.

--
Jason Bodnar
jason at shakabuku.org
http://www.shakabuku.org

"You want free speech? Let's see you acknowledge a man whose words make
your blood boil who is standing center stage advocating at the top of
his lungs that which you would spend a lifetime opposing at the top of
yours." -- President Andrew Shephard, "The American President"