[MEncoder-users] chroma bleeding

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Thu Oct 7 12:45:48 CEST 2004

On Thursday, 07 October 2004 at 04:57, D Richard Felker III wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 07, 2004 at 01:57:40AM +0200, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > I'm encoding a badly mastered anime DVD (hence pullup AND pp=l5) and I'm
>
> which dvd? knowing might help.

Same as recently: Slayers Try, US import.

> > getting chroma bleeding at the edges. Any tips on how to avoid it? Here's
> > my commandline:
>
> what exactly do you mean by chroma bleeding? a screenshot or
> description would help. if you mean the chroma fields have bled
> together and thus look combed after pullup, we should add a filter to
> blend just chroma. otherwise i'm not sure what you mean...

Hm... perhaps the appropriate term is ringing. I mean I get colored pixels
along objects' edges. It's best visible on white objects with sharp outline,
for example letters. It's like the basic RGB colors get spilled a little
"inside" the object: a little blue here, a little green there.

A PNG screenshot (mplayer -vo png) is available here:
http://greysector.rangers.eu.org/mplayer-chroma.png

R.

--
MPlayer RPMs maintainer: http://greysector.rangers.eu.org/mplayer/