[MEncoder-users] FPS problem

Martin Ankerl martin.ankerl at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 11:49:36 CET 2004

Hi!

I am trying to rip a DVD (Hero), which according to mplayer -identify
is encoded with 25.0 fps.

Unfortunately this number is not reliable, so I use
mplayer -benchmark, and divide the frames by the time. For the DVD I
get about 24.996 fps. I use this command to encode:

mencoder dvd://1 -oac copy -ovc lavc -ofps 24.996

but I get a lot of frame drops. I have also tried 25.0 frames, but
this too results in a lot of frame drops.

How can I encode this movie correctly, without frame drops? Afterwards
I want to extract the audio into an ogg file, and merge it. I am
afraid that if I use noskip, that later the audio gets out of sync
when merging.

--
Martin Ankerl - http://martinus.geekisp.com/