[Libav-user] Regarding Libavcoder integration

Abhi Nehra nehrabhi at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 08:24:46 EEST 2023

Hello,

I would like to use libavcodec for my personal project. I am new for any
compression techniques so would like your support and have some doubts

1. I have camera raw data with some modification in the form of RGB, I want
to transmit this data by compressing of h264 formate over Ethernet. I want
to know if libavcodec takes RGB data as input for compression or not? Is
there any HW dependency as. I want to go with purely sw base compression
technique (H264). Please provide the link and example for my reference.
Thank you