[Libav-user] Segfault from av_channel_layout_from_mask and av_channel_layout_from_string

Praeger, Torin Torin_Praeger at bose.com
Wed Aug 23 15:50:09 EEST 2023

Hey all,
I've been working on upgrading the version of ffmpeg I'm using, but as the subject line states when I use the av_channel_layout_from_mask or av_channel_layout_from_string calls I get a segfault. I've tried using the 6.0 release and the 5.1 release, and in both cases valgrind is still reporting these api calls as the source of the segfaults. Am I potentially misusing these, or if not, is there an official or community patch to resolve this issue? Here's an example of how I'm using them

AVChannelLayout *tmp;
av_channel_layout_from_mask( tmp, codec.ch_layout.u.mask );

Thanks!