[Libav-user] Installing libzvbi (preferably Windows)

Gonzalo Garramuño ggarra13 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 5 03:46:12 EEST 2023

El 1/8/23 a las 12:38, Conor Foran via Libav-user escribió:

> /"cd to the directory where you want the object files and executables
> to go and run the `configure' script.  `configure' automatically
> checks for the source code in the directory that `configure' is in and
> in `..'."/
>
> Any help here would be much appreciated.

The library assumes you have a Unix environment.  Under Windows, you can
use WSL (Windows 11 only I believe) or, as I would recommend, using
MSYS2-64/MingW (any Windows).

Under MSYS, you need to install a build environment and autotools (MSVC
won't work).  FFmpeg provides some basic instructions for it at:

https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/CompilationGuide/MinGW

The compilation will be done with gcc not MSVC, but the resulting
binaries should be compatible.

Running configure usually means the following (from a MSYS shell):

$ svn checkouthttps://svn.code.sf.net/p/zapping/svn/trunk/vbi  vbi
$ cd vbi
$ mkdir mybuild
$ cd mybuild