[Libav-user] Does AVFilterGraph support insertion on the fly

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Wed Jun 22 16:40:29 EEST 2022

Hao Tsai (12022-06-22):
> Is there a way to insert a filter into a running filter graph? I’ve
> tried this:

No, this is not supported for now. Your best solution is to finish the
filter graph and create a new one almost identical.

> The insertion succeeded but getting a frame from the graph later
> failed with error code -12.

Translate your error code to error messages. If it is Linux, then -12 is
ENOMEM, which seems to indicate a different kind of problem. But it
would not have worked anyway.

> And what can we do with the "avfilter_insert_filter" API if insertion
> on the fly is a bad case?

It is for when you create the filter graph, if you want to create it
programatically rather than writing a graph description.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George