[Libav-user] How to properly seek in audio?

Gonzalo ggarra13 at gmail.com
Fri May 13 17:42:19 CEST 2016

El 13/05/16 a las 11:25, Anton Shekhovtsov escribiĆ³:

> Thanks for reply.
> I decided I can loop through index_entries and if there is no
> 'keyframes' apply AVSEEK_FLAG_ANY.
> When it comes to seeking I do not select id, I just have it. The code
> deals with single stream (audio), other streams are AVDISCARD_ALL.
> For pos something like this, but why do you ask?
> int64_t pos = (destination_sample-discard_samples) * time_base.den /
> time_base.num;
I ask because the docs say:

  * @param timestamp Timestamp in AVStream.time_base units

And you are multiplying the denominator / numerator when in fact it
should be the opposite.  With that, you should be able to multiply, say
1 sec, and get the right place in pos.

--
Gonzalo GarramuƱo
ggarra13 at gmail.com