[Libav-user] RTSP Transcoding and Saving

Alessio Volpe alessio.volpe.av at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 11:26:57 CET 2015

Hello everyone,
I'm developing an application that allows me to take a stream Audio / Video
RTSP from a camera and save it to an .avi container. Do I have to transcode
the audio stream and maintain the video stream.

At present I can demux and decode packets audio / video.

I should at this point buffer (there are data structure of ffmpeg that
allow me to save the frame?), perform the resampling audio, encode, mux the
two streams (performing all part of synchronization) and save to disk.

You give me any advice or examples to perform the synchronization task (or
even more)?

For compatibility with other libraries I'm using version 0.9.1 of ffmpeg.

Thanks in advance

Dott. Alessio Volpe
Dottore in Ingegneria Informatica

[fb] alessio.volpe.5