[Libav-user] libavformat and rtmp playback

Bradley O'Hearne brado at bighillsoftware.com
Fri Dec 5 22:25:06 CET 2014

On Dec 5, 2014, at 2:10 PM, Georg Stein <georg_stein at t-online.de> wrote:

> Hello,
> i  wanted to play a rtmp stream from livestream.com <http://livestream.com/> with an app written in c++ (QT). Somehow this stream needs the swf verification with the original swf player url as an option. I found here something about AVoption what should be for these things but I can’t find an info how I have to use this.
> I tried  to put the options in an AVDictionary what Ii add to_open_input but when I take a look into the context, the options are not set.
> Can perhaps somebody gime here a hint, where to search (googel/list archive – no succ.)

George — I apologize I cannot lend a solution to this, but perhaps I can help by at least confirming the same problem as you. Some time ago I tried to do something very similar (in my case, turn on RTMP append mode) which required according to Adobe’s RTMP spec some options in the header. I tried the same thing — AVDictionary options. It didn’t work for me either. I had to tackle the problem on the server side which received the stream.

So I wanted to post just to let you know you aren’t crazy…I’ve had no luck either.

Brad