[Libav-user] missing mandatory atoms, broken header

leanne attard leanneattard at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 16:04:25 CEST 2013

Hi,

this is my first post to the mailing list.  I am using opencv to read from
a video file output from a Vivotek ipcamera model(IP 3872).  When I am
trying to open the file it is giving me a warning below.  From some
research I have done online I found out that this is an output from ffmpeg.
 Can you please guide me as what might be going wrong?  Also I have a
problem with skipping a number of frames to start the video from a
particular frame rather than from frame 0, however I am not getting the
correct frame.  Does this a consequence of the warning below?

stream 1, missing mandatory atoms, broken header

 Thanks