[Libav-user] Stream copy given start and end time

Pradeep Karosiya praks411 at gmail.com
Fri May 10 11:20:32 CEST 2013

Hi,

I'm trying a small program which cuts clip from video file given start and
end time. For this I'm doing a simple stream copy of both audio and video
stream. I just copied the pts and dts from input packet to output with
proper re-scaling. However the output which I'm getting is blank for some
duration and then only for last few seconds it is displayed. I thought this
could to problem of incorrent pts and dts. So I just manually set pts and
dts using counter for each stream. Though I'm able to get the clip but video
is very fast and audio goes fine. Please someone explain me how to set
current pts and dts for both audio and video stream, when doing stream copy.

Thanks and Regards,
Pradeep