[Libav-user] Building with MSVC toolchain resulting in seeking problem?

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Mar 12 11:19:17 CET 2013

Bjoern Drabeck <bjoern.drabeck at ...> writes:

> I have got that to build, however compared to builds
> from the zeranoe site (and also builds I have asked a
> friend of mine to make for me using mingw with gcc),
> I always end up with seeking problems.

This is surprising.
Are you sure that you are testing the same versions?
Did you try to disable optimizations?

> In most files everything seems to work fine, however
> when I have larger MKV files (for example I got one
> 15 GB movie file)

Does mkvalidator report the following?
"Unnecessary secondary SeekHead was found at "
(followed by a very large number)
This would indicate ticket #2263, we don't even
know how to produce such a file...

[...]

> I used this configuration (which contains the essentails
> I need: LGPL, v3, dxva2 support, shared dlls):

Completely unrelated: Could you explain why you "need" v3 ?

Carl Eugen