[Libav-user] libav-user list post!

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon Mar 4 10:16:08 CET 2013

thanh nhan thanh nhan <nhanndt_87 at ...> writes:

> I configured like this:
> ./configure --enable-gpl --enable-libfdk_aac
> --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libtheora
> --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libx264

This includes all default features of FFmpeg (and a few
external libraries).
If you want smaller libraries, you have to change your
FFmpeg configure line (it cannot help if you change
something about your linking command for your own
application x2pcm, that cannot work!) - since you did
not explain exactly which features you need, I can
only guess but I suggest you start with a line like
the following and test, you will find many missing
features:
$ ./configure --disable-everything --enable-protocol=file
--enable-demuxer=aac,mp3 --enable-parser=aac,mpegaudio
--enable-decoder=aac,mp3 --enable-encoder=pcm_s16le
--enable-muxer=wav,pcm_s16le

Please understand that this is certainly not exactly
what you need, it is meant to help finding the right
options.
You can further decrease the size of the libraries by
using --disable-all instead of --disable-everything
but you need to enable even more features in that case.

--disable-debug should not be necessary since I expect
you will strip your final executable anyway, but you
can of course add it to configure as well.

Please google for "top-posting" and please avoid it here,
it is considered rude.

Carl Eugen