[Libav-user] change the bit_rate without re-opening the codec

小高 waffe3waffe3 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 10:39:57 CEST 2013

Hi, all
    I am wondering whether it's possible to 'change the bit_rate without
re-opening the codec'. I have googled many pages to implement it, and tried
to change bit_rate, rc_min_rate, rc_max_rate, rc_buffer_size under
AVCodecContext structure, but the output file size remains(fail to set
bitrate?). However, if I retrieve the context and re-open the encoder after
the changing, the file size will change normally. Additionally, in libx264,
we need to call x264_encoder_reconfig() to enable the latest params, is
there a need to call some ffmpeg api like it? How can I let the file size
change as as the bitrate?

Thanks
Gao