[Libav-user] Demuxers and probing

valentinoffner at free.fr valentinoffner at free.fr
Tue Feb 19 11:16:38 CET 2013

----- Mail original -----
De: "Carl Eugen Hoyos" <cehoyos at ag.or.at>

> <valentinoffner at ...> writes:
>
>> But now, if i try to open a specific audio file,
>> both demuxers send AVPROBE_SCORE_MAX
>
>I believe this indicates that your probing functions
>are broken (ie: This should not happen).
>
>[...]
>
>> So, my questions are :
>> -my problem can come from other thing that this 2 demuxers ?
>
>> -what happen if 2 demuxers get same score ?
>
>Same score is not necessarily a problem, but if
>one demuxer returns MAX on probing, probing stops
>afair (so the other demuxer that would also return
>MAX is never probed).
>
>> I've to recode demuxers to get 2 different scores
>> or ffprobe can choose one of them ?
>
>You can force a demuxer from the command line.
>
>Carl Eugen

Thanks for the answer !
I solved my problem in reading probe functions of both demuxers. First checked the 4x2 first Bytes and second only 4 first Bytes. So, i corrected this with good conditions and now : Audio demuxer answer for Audio, and Video for Video, and ffprobe/ffplay work fine.

Thank you again.

--
Valentin OFFNER