[Libav-user] AAC muxing into two different files in the same loop: The 2nd file is corrupted.

Andrey Mochenov andrey2067 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 10:25:49 CEST 2013

Hi everyone,

We are using FFmpeg libraries git-ee94362 libavformat v55.2.100.
Our purpose is to mux synthetic video and audio-file audio to 2 different
files (in the same loop)
with the the same format and parameters.

With MP3 input, both M3U8 outputs are OK:
Output file #0: Total number of frames is: video = 229, audio = 347.
Output file #1: Total number of frames is: video = 229, audio = 347.

But with AAC input, the 1st M3U8 output is OK, whereas the 2nd one - is not:
Output file #0: Total number of frames is: video = 403, audio = 690.
Output file #1: Total number of frames is: video =   3, audio = 690.

It is exactly the same code in the main loop. We do not use the
"aac_adtstoasc" filter in case of M3U output.
By the way, the problem exist both with and without the filter,
since in case of MP4 output, the 1st output file is OK, whereas the 2nd one
- is not, - as well.

Moreover, I have implemented the main loop as Windows threads, separated
for every output file.
The problem remains!

It seems that video PTS begins to be corrupted (wrong-calculated) for the
2nd (3rd, etc.) output file.

Our question: If somebody is known about such a problem? If yes, what can
be a solution/workaround?
Thank you.