[Libav-user] Custom IO using AVIOContext

Calvin Mann calvinmann at gmail.com
Wed May 16 23:57:40 CEST 2012

I have an app that is using AVIOContext to provide custom IO (through
an intemediary buffer) to an event driven data stream.

This works great as long as there is data available to read, however when
the incoming data is runs low, *read_frame succeeds*, and then the following
*decode fails *with *-1* (I have some print statements showing me that it
reads
until there is no data, and then fails.)

Also, while I have set the flags for AVFMT_NON_BLOCK, I do not ever seem
to get EAGAIN returned.

Am I able to either,

1. Determine how much data is required before calling read_frame or decode.
(I am able to wait before calling)?
2. Get these methods to return EAGAIN when the data runs out instead of
giving other errors?
3. Something else to make this work?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks