[Libav-user] can't perform avformat_seek_file after transcoding

Влад Гапчич gavlig at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 19:07:33 CEST 2012

Hello again!

The issue is that i can't perform avformat_seek_file on video that i have
transcoded before(with my application).
I've tracked down the cause of the error and it is
ff_index_search_timestamp which returns -1. I have no idea what is stream
index(except stream index in AVFormatContext) and why it can be -1.  I
guess that i'm doing transcoding wrong or i just don't store some valuable
information into new AVFormatContext before closing it. Any ideas what
could it be?

And another question,
I have one video that flips horizontally after i copy some of it's frames
to another AVFormatContext. How can i avoid that? Where is the information
about flipping stored? I tried to determine codec manually and change
priv_data manually by using corresponding struct, but that was of no help.

all code is here http://www.pasteall.org/33080/cpp

I think, main parts in this issue are methods openOutput and cutVideo.

Any help would be much appreciated!

best regards,
gavlig