[Libav-user] Hardware decoding via libva

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sat Dec 22 01:53:11 CET 2012

faeem <faeem.ali at ...> writes:

> Would someone please direct me to documentation
> and/or some other explanation of how to perform
> hardware decoding using VAAPI/libva with ffmpeg's
> libav libraries. Code examples would be great.

I know of two examples, the va-api code in vlc and
the code in a patch for MPlayer, see for example
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.mplayer.devel/61734/focus=61744

[...]

>   // FIXME use direct rendering
>
> I need to know how to fix that FIXME.

This is not related to va-api at all.

> - The main modification I've made is to render the video via OpenGL
> instead of using an overlay.

I sounds like a very welcome addition to the FFmpeg
codebase, please consider sending a patch.

Carl Eugen