[Libav-user] How to perform drift compensation in MPEG-2 recorder

Mike Versteeg mike at mikeversteeg.com
Wed Dec 19 15:34:51 CET 2012

> Maybe you should ask which clock is the most precise, and use that one as your master clock? If that's not possible you won't have many other options if everything has to be done on realtime; adapting frame display times as soon as you detect the need will be much easier than modifying sound chunks, I think.

Either one can be used as master clock for the recorder. But I cannot
sync both clocks with each other if that's what you mean. So are you
saying this cannot be handled by libav, i.e. it always requires a
fixed ratio between frames and audio samples? Earlier comments let to
believe "something" can be done with timestamps, but I fail to see
what.