[Libav-user] Problems Receiving H.264 RTSP Stream

Luke Clemens lclemens at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 01:48:27 CET 2011

i'm the guy who originally wrote that "proposed fix" for the bug. the fix
definitely resolves the issue with many ip cameras, but i can say with
certainty that if you're having the problem with TCP as well, then you have
a different problem. also while some of the errors are the same (like the
MB ones), there are some that i've never seen. i agree with camera man - if
you still have the problem even with TCP, then it can't be the network MTU.
my guess would be there is something in your own sending software that's
corrupting the stream. maybe a codec setting in lib555 or something?

try enabling debug mode and then a super simple app like:

while (1) { av_read_frame(ctx, pkt); }

if you have any errors in that, then you can probably blame the RTP layer.
if not, then it is most likely an h.264 thing. sorry i can't help much, but
at least it's a start...

--luke

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 7:21 AM, Johannes Ebersold <
johannes.ebersold at dfki.de> wrote:

> **
> On 11/11/2011 02:54 PM, Camera Man wrote:
>
> On 11/11/2011 08:27 AM, Andrey Utkin wrote:
>
> What is the sender app?
> What is transport protocol - TCP or UDP?
> Seems possible to me that UDP packets get trunkated to network MTU.
> That explains why both your decoder and ffplay playback it badly - you
> receive stream that's already corrupted.
>
>  Note that if it's UDP, there's apparently a bug that appears with many
> IP cameras, see this thread:
> <http://www.mail-archive.com/libav-user@ffmpeg.org/msg00442.html><http://www.mail-archive.com/libav-user@ffmpeg.org/msg00442.html>for a description of the bug (and some sort of workaround).
>
> If you're using TCP, this bug is not to blame.

> Hi,
>
> thanks for the hint. I saw this thread and the proposed fixed and tried to
> fix the bug. But, as mentioned, this did not work, even disabling pthreads
> completely did not fix the problem. It seems, like this issue is not
> related to my issue, although the problems described in this thread (and
> ticket 285) are similar to mine.
> Furthermore does my issue appear with TCP as wells as UDP.
>
> Regards, Johannes

-
-
-