[Libav-user] yadif deinterlace how?

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala at poste.it
Sat Jun 18 01:23:04 CEST 2011

On date Friday 2011-06-17 23:23:22 +0200, Robert Nagy encoded:
> I would like to deinterlace my video from 50i to 50p using ffmpeg and yadif
> in my application.
>
> As far as I understood I have to do this through libavfilter, which I have
> not found any usage samples on.
>
> I'm pretty much stuck on avfilter_get_by_name("yadif");
>
> I would appreciate if anyone could point me in the right direction of how I
> can achieve what I'm trying to do. Where can I find samples and
> documentation someone who is unfamiliar with avfilter can look at?

Using yadif in ffmpeg:
-vf yadif=OPTIONS
and check the manual for detailed instructions.

About an API usage example, check this thread:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.devel/122053

adn you can look of course at ffmpeg.c and ffplay.c for seeing how it
is integrated in the ff* tools.

I'm likely going to write a complete example in doc/examples, in the
meanwhile you can ask here for specific questions.