[Libav-user] How to mix h264 and adpcm by libffmpeg.

psychesnet psychesnet at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 07:46:02 CET 2011

Dear all,

We have a issue to ask help.
In my application, we try to mix h264 and adpcm to output as avi file.
My adpcm is 1 channel, 8000Hz, 32k bitrate and the adpcm packet is always
262 bytes(block_align) from driver.
This issue is
the avi file is normally output, but it will display "audio output is
starving (212625), playing silence" and
"buffer is 40500 in advance, triggering downsampling" when use vlc play avi
file.
I set audio info as following~

        msrAVCodecContextAudio = msrAVStreamAudio->codec;
        msrAVCodecContextAudio->codec_id = iAudioCodec;
        msrAVCodecContextAudio->codec_type = CODEC_TYPE_AUDIO;
        msrAVCodecContextAudio->bit_rate = 32000;
        msrAVCodecContextAudio->sample_rate = 8000;
        msrAVCodecContextAudio->channels = 1;
        if(iAudioCodec == CODEC_ID_ADPCM_MS){
            msrAVCodecContextAudio->block_align = MSADPCM_SIZE;
        }

Anyone have any idea about this issue, please tell me, thanks a lot.