[FFmpeg-user] Drawtext and filter_complex_script no longer work (At least not on OSx)

Bouke / edit 'B bouke at editb.nl
Fri Jun 21 16:33:19 EEST 2024

On 21 Jun 2024, at 15:25, Paul B Mahol <onemda at gmail.com> wrote:

> Newer ffmpeg version needs for drawtext filter libharfbuz lib support to
> get improved rendering.

So why does that not show in the banner?
And I still don’t get it, as Evermeet states:
FFmpeg binaries are compiled with the following options and libraries:
configuration: --cc=/usr/bin/clang --prefix=/opt/ffmpeg --extra-version=tessus --enable-avisynth --enable-fontconfig --enable-gpl --enable-libaom --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libdav1d --enable-libfreetype --enable-libgsm --enable-libharfbuzz -

https://evermeet.cx/ffmpeg/#api-download

> Why you not build ffmpeg by self?

Few reasons:
First, I’m not that good with this kind of stuff, I trust others (Gyan being one of them) to outperform me be thousands of percents.
Then there is the issue on how to distribute / legal stuff, where I don’t want to burn my fingers.
(There were a few lawsuits to a Dutch guy from Real Media, they sued a guy who provided a link (note, link, not download) on his hobby site, to ‘alternative Real player’.
Although Real lost everything, the poor dude went bankrupt and had to live with his mother again.)

Bouke