[FFmpeg-user] amix vs amerge / how to

Media Mouth communque at gmail.com
Sun Jun 9 09:19:21 EEST 2024

> On Jun 8, 2024, at 22:12, Carl Zwanzig <cpz at tuunq.com> wrote:
>
> On 6/8/2024 5:46 PM, Media Mouth wrote:
>> ffmpeg version 3.1.11 Copyright (c) 2000-2017 the FFmpeg developers
>
> First thing is to get a modern version of ffmpeg, that one is positively _ancient_.
>
> (And also not to top-post on this mailing list.)
>
> Later
>
> z!

Getting a modern version of ffmpeg would actually be the 2nd thing.
1st thing would be to convince hip hot Hollywood to upgrade their Avid systems.
MacOS Mojave running Avid 2018 is a surprisingly stubborn industry standard.  I'd gladly upgrade, but it's not up to me.

To be fair, I can test and dev on latest version ffmpeg on my Mac, but ultimately this needs to work the ancient machines at work.

Currently we're doing surprising well -- doing lots of transcodes, text overlays, slates, and time code burns on ffmpeg 3.1.11
Any chance I can get channel mapping and mixdowns to work as well?

c!