[FFmpeg-user] The future of video

Mark Filipak markfilipak.imdb at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 19:45:25 EEST 2024

On 17/07/2024 12.30, Oliver Fromme wrote:
> Mark Filipak wrote:
>   > The weighting of Y Cr Cb are still based on CRT phosphors, not reality. HSV is reality.
>
> No, that's wrong, HSV is not "reality".  I'm afraid it's much more
> complicated than that.

Oliver, if we continue, you will resent me 'wasting' your time. Let's just stop.

You're a generous person and I don't want to piss you off.

You write from today with today's limitations -- artificial limitations imposed by today's TVs and
by 'yesterday's' technology. In a coming 'tomorrow', what you write will seem as antiquated as
"720x480 with 8/9 or 32/27 SAR at 30/1.001fps, interlaced" does today.

What if there's no such thing as frame in the future? Just think about it.

--Mark.