[FFmpeg-user] Question about delay when displaying selected keyframes

Paul B Mahol onemda at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 21:24:13 EEST 2024

On Tue, Jul 2, 2024 at 6:44 PM Sachin Bhat <sachinbhat694 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have combined the select filters using
> select='eq(pict_type\,I)*not(mod(n\,300))', however, I receive the same
> delay. I am wondering if the delay is caused by ffmpeg waiting for the
> first keyframe after the seek point to start outputting frames.

As I can see select filter does not delay frame output.
Select Filter does not skip decoding non-I frames.

If you want faster processing and video decoder supports use of decoding
key-frame only flag use that.
than you only need to select every 30th frame of each I-frame.

-skip_frame nointra

is the name of flag and option