[FFmpeg-user] Question about "normalize" filter

Michael Koch astroelectronic at t-online.de
Sun Jan 29 23:36:21 EET 2023

Am 29.01.2023 um 22:05 schrieb Paul B Mahol:
> On 1/29/23, Michael Koch <astroelectronic at t-online.de> wrote:

>>> Try attached patch.
>> How must I set the options for the desired behaviour?
> Set first strength to reverse of second strength.
> So 1.0 and 0.0 or 0.0 and 1.0

I did try with strength=0:strength2=1 but the output isn't as expected.

I'm using this input image:
http://www.astro-electronic.de/flat.png

The pixel values are about 171 in the center and 107 in the top right
corner.
The center to corner ratio is 171 / 107 = 1.6

In the output image I measure 248 in the center (which is almost as
expected, probably correct because I'm measuring the average of a 7x7
neighborhood), but I measure 122 in the top right corner.
The center to corner ratio is 248 / 122 = 2.03
The corner is too dark.

Michael