[FFmpeg-user] Question about "normalize" filter

Michael Koch astroelectronic at t-online.de
Sun Jan 29 19:50:10 EET 2023

Hello,

if I understood the documentation correctly, the normalize filter maps
the darkest input pixel to blackpt and the brightest input pixel to whitept:
darkest pixel --> blackpt
brightest pixel --> whitept

However I need a slightly different mapping:
A black input pixel shall remain black, and the brightest input pixel
shall become white.
black --> blackpt
brightest pixel --> whitept

With other words: Just multiply all pixels by a suitable constant. Don't
add or subtract anything.
Is this possible?

Known workaround: Make sure that the input frame contains a black pixel,
by inserting one in a corner.

Michael