[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg MP4/x264 output colours change when input source is different resolution (bug?)

Dan twinbee42 at skytopia.com
Fri Sep 16 17:34:03 EEST 2022

On Fri, 16 Sep 2022 14:55:20 +0100, Michael Koch <astroelectronic at t-online.de> wrote:

> Am 16.09.2022 um 15:20 schrieb Dan:
>>> showinfo filter shows video frame color metadata to output of console,
>>> nothing less - nothing more. showinfo cant produce incorrect video, if
>>> you ever bothered to read documentation you would know.
>>
>> By the way, just to clarify, I wasn't talking about the console
>> output, but
>> the window it opened up alongside (on the right), which showed the green
>> was darker.
>>
>>> Nobody is wrong. Everybody is correct. Your file is encoded so badly
>>> that it should be immediately removed from existence.
>>
>> In the end, I used "-colorspace fcc" which seems to have fixed the issue.
>
> Please show your complete command line. Because for me it doesn't work.
> Different colors for height 576 and 720.

Sure:

ffmpeg.exe -f lavfi -i color=0x19be0f:s=400x720 -crf 0 -vcodec libx264 -t 5 -y -colorspace fcc 720fcc.mp4

Here's an image comparison. As you can see, the green in the FCC versions
are that brighter (how they should be): https://i.imgur.com/RqJAp5t.png

Tested with Chrome too and FCC works there too.

Dan