[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg MP4/x264 output colours change when input source is different resolution (bug?)

Dan twinbee42 at skytopia.com
Fri Sep 16 16:20:02 EEST 2022

> showinfo filter shows video frame color metadata to output of console,
> nothing less - nothing more. showinfo cant produce incorrect video, if
> you ever bothered to read documentation you would know.

By the way, just to clarify, I wasn't talking about the console output, but
the window it opened up alongside (on the right), which showed the green
was darker.

> Nobody is wrong. Everybody is correct. Your file is encoded so badly
> that it should be immediately removed from existence.

In the end, I used "-colorspace fcc" which seems to have fixed the issue.
A shame we needed to research that, since it looks like fcc should be
the default, at least for a large subset of Windows systems.

Dan