[FFmpeg-user] lavfi-preview

Paul B Mahol onemda at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 12:51:21 EET 2022

On 10/31/22, Diederick C. Niehorster <dcnieho at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> On Mon, Oct 31, 2022 at 10:35 AM Paul B Mahol <onemda at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 4/24/22, Bang He <hezhanbang at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > hwo to run it
>> >

>> There are now binaries auto build for Windows and Linux and are ready
>> for download.
>> All for 64bit.
>
> This is super! Really nice to play with. I have trouble understanding
> one thing (perhaps I'm just not seeing it). Let me describe what i do,
> in case i am misunderstanding something.
> 1. Add a movie source and a buffersink.
> 2. set filename of movie source
> 3. control enter to configure, now a pad shows up at the movie source.
> 4. connect out pad of movie source to in pad of buffer sink
> 5. control enter to configure again, now a preview window shows up.
> 6. i play my file, things work. Great!
> 7. Now i want to add an actual filter in between. How do i do that? I
> can't seem to edit anything anymore once its configured/played, almost
> all options are grayed out.
>
> I tried exporting the filtergraph, restarting lavfi-preview and then
> importing the filter graph. This however directly brings me to the
> state after step 5 above, so again can't edit anything, only play.
>
> So more generally, how to preview and then edit the filter graph?

If it played out and video is gone, just press Ctrl+Enter again
and after that Shift + Q to quit output.
To remove links between nodes use X to remove and also to remove node Shift+X.
First need to select node/link with mouse.
You can select more links/nodes at once in editor too.
Use Shit - A to auto add sinks, so you do not need to do that quite
boring task over and over again.