[FFmpeg-user] How to transcode to HLS and DASH with mp4 and webm all at once

Clay Clay at FTL.com
Tue Oct 11 18:00:33 EEST 2022

Hi Steve

Have you looked into CMAF for this solution?  I am also working on some
complex transcoding and packaging actions for HLS ABR delivery.  I am
looking into using CMAF to reduce the overall storage footprint (gpu/cpu
threads still cost a lot more than storage).  Also, I am experimenting
with ffmpeg-python (https://github.com/kkroening/ffmpeg-python), have
you (or anyone reading this) played around with it?

*I apologize to the forum for the accidental prior message (inadvertent
click :-P)

Liberty & Regard,
Clay