[FFmpeg-user] Wrong TC read with doubled Framenumber read out when input is 50p

Bouke (Edit 'B) bouke at editb.nl
Sun Nov 6 23:17:13 EET 2022

> On 06 Nov 2022, at 21:35, Björn Büchel via ffmpeg-user <ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Bouke,
> Thanks for the reply. You are right, that makes no sense. But this is what I found out.
> I checked the TC with Avid Media Composer as well as with Resolve and Premiere.
> In all three Apps the TC is identical.
> Björn

Hi Björn,
Did you try QTchange as well? (If not, please do, the free demo will do just fine.)
https://www.videotoolshed.com/handcrafted-timecode-tools/qtchange/

It’s partly based on FFmpeg, so it ‘should’ give the same results.
There are a couple of thousend end users, including some major broadcasters / studios, and I have not have any complaint like you describe…

So, this is strange.

Bouke