[FFmpeg-user] Can ffmpeg record video from this kind of URL?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 19:24:46 EET 2022

On Mon, 7 Mar 2022 00:46:16 +0100, Reino Wijnsma <rwijnsma at xs4all.nl> wrote:

>On 2022-03-04T18:47:26+0100, Bo Berglund <bo.berglund at gmail.com> wrote:
>> https://msnbcdailyshows.com/
>>
>> and the m3u8 URL I find if I use F12 in the browser when it plays:
>>
>> https://cdn.plt.one/cdn/premium327/chunks.m3u8
>
>I don't see that url anywhere. Instead I'm seeing...
>
><iframe width="860" height="460" src="*https://www.youtube.com/embed/9CLF18wQpag*" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
>
>...in the html-source. And that Youtube-video works just fine for me.

On the page there is a player that runs MSNBC and a couple of years ago that was
a Youtube hosted video.
ThenYT started chasing these "publishers" and blocked the stream, whereupon they
started another Youtube stream etc. It took up to a week before YT found them.

Then they stopped using the Youtube engine and started streaming in other ways
and that is also when it no longer was possible to right-click the player and
"Copy URL" to get the video URL....

Right now I could not find mention of "youtube" or even "yo" on the "view
source" page...
And using F12 to show the streaming data gives me the URL:

https://hbzpjnctrztwpucm.wzcdn134.net:8443/hls/cshr1ujg6u-32171144940.ts

But that is not an m3u8 URL I can use with ffmpeg...

I tried using it as an input stream with the.ts ending but no joy...

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden