[FFmpeg-user] streamselect in a realtime application

Gyan Doshi ffmpeg at gyani.pro
Thu Jun 16 10:33:15 EEST 2022

On 2022-06-16 12:45 pm, Michael Koch wrote:
> I would like to understand why in some cases -loop 1 is required
> before the input files, and in some cases it can be omitted.

-loop option is specific to the image sequence demuxer. Without it, a
single image input is a video stream of 1 frame length.

You would apply loop when you need to keep alive an image sequence input
at a timestamp beyond its natural length, usually a fade.
With the tpad or loop filters, this can be done inside a filtergraph
instead of at the demuxer level.

Regards,
Gyan